Here is a list of 5 ways you can encourage your residents to pay online:
- Make it a policy. Forcing people isn’t always possible, but sometimes even suggesting it as a policy can do the trick.
- Give rewards. Show your appreciation for residents who sign up for recurring online rent payments. (Ex: $5 gift card to Starbucks, $5 gas card.)
- Raffle. Enter every tenant that signs up for online payments into a raffle to get a $50 gift card to a nearby store or restaurant.
- Subtle reminders. Put messages on how to sign up for online payments in your office, in e-mails, on your website, on flyers, in the laundry room, etc. Anywhere that residents will see it!
- Tell them! Every time you talk to resident, make sure to mention it.
With these tips hopefully you can motivate most of your tenants to pay rent online and start enjoying all the extra time you will have during rent week.