Last modified on October 8th, 2018
By Jason Randall
The iPad is here, and property managers love it! AppFolio is excited too, and we’ve put together a list of ways you can use the iPad with AppFolio.
The Top 10 Ways Property Managers Can Improve Their Business with the iPad and AppFolio:
- Bring an iPad to your next meeting with a prospective owner and demonstrate how efficiently you run your business using AppFolio.
- A leasing agent can bring an iPad when showing a new property. If the prospective resident doesn’t love the place, give them a real-time demo in AppFolio of other properties you have in your portfolio.
- Enter work orders while in the field – imagine you’re conducting a move-out inspection and you see three maintenance issues, you can submit the work orders immediately.
- Use the iPad to guide residents through the process to set up online payments right when they move in (don’t collect that rent check!).
- Mark work orders complete on the fly – save the effort of taking notes, then re-entering them at the office.
- Take new photos at a property, upload them right away to your vacancy postings…real-time photo updates for your vacancies.
- Respond faster to issues when you’re out of the office. The iPad is so easy to carry around, you can be at your son’s baseball game and send important reports to an owner.
- Update a unit’s vacancy and advertise it without going back to the office.
- Get an iPad tough case and let your maintenance team update work orders in the field.
- Forgot to call someone important while you’re out to dinner? Look up resident or owner contact information wherever you are.
Do you have other ideas on how you can use the iPad in your property management business? Share them with us by leaving a comment!
iPad integration would be great. Would also love to see the same for iPhone. Yes, less screen space but still very much the same.
Is this an App that is being developed? Cause if it is, its going to be awesome. I would love to see it become available for the IPhone as well. Or do we just access our AppFolio Account with the browser. Either way that’s a great advantage to AppFolio. Great Idea!
AppFolio works great right now on the iPad with the browser. We are looking into other high value functions we can to mobile devices. Definitely give AppFolio a try on the iPad – it is amazing!