Last modified on August 20th, 2013
By Aimee Miller
It seems like everyone is on Facebook these days. THE social network now has more than 800 million active users, and according to Facebook, more than half of those users log in on any given day. You can bet that both property owners and residents are part of that crowd, so it only makes sense that your property management business should have a presence there as well. But how can you make your company Facebook page stand out?
First, you need to make sure that users will find your business. Thankfully, there are some simple ways you can make your page more visible in search results within Facebook. First, pick your page name and URL carefully. Choose a name that users will easily identify with your brand and that they will also remember. Next, fill out the “About” and “Overview” boxes in the info tab using important keywords to describe your business. Make sure that your location is included as part of the keyword phrases (for instance, “Chicago property management).” Finally, make sure to install Facebook’s Open Graph Protocol to improve your ranking in Facebook search results.
Create Custom Tabs
Facebook allows you to create custom tabs for your business. First, design a custom landing tab that every first-time visitor sees when they access your page. Brand that tab and give users essential information about your business. Also include a call to action: ask them to “Like” your page, so that your status updates will begin appearing in their news feeds. Next, create another custom tab to display the properties you manage, each with its own beautiful photo. Finally, use custom tabs to offer unique promotions to your Facebook fans and encourage them to share information about your business with their friends.
Serve a Need
If you don’t make regular updates to your Facebook page, the fans you do gain will simply hit “Like” and then forget about you. However, if you post spammy updates, people will unsubscribe en masse. To keep your fans attention without annoying them, make sure that your posts are serving their needs. Follow the 80/20 rule. Only 20% of your posts should directly promote your business. The other 80% should provide information that is useful to your audience. As a property manager, you could provide fans with information about local community, tips on taking care of their living spaces or photos of the city or town you serve.
Download this eBook, Facebook for Property Managers, to learn more great tips and tricks.
Comments by Aimee Miller
Mortgage Meltdown’s Impact On The Rental Market (Infographic)
Yes - Infographics are a great way to display information ...